Once again, Common Deer is expanding! This person’s role will grow with Common Deer, as we enter another phase of our start-up. Currently, the hire’s time will be split between retail sales and back-end management. The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. Combining an ability to work effectively independently, but also as part of our well-oiled machine of a team.
- Backend Inventory Management: Purchase Orders, Receiving, Counts, Forecasting
- Vendor Relations
- Buying and Researching Vendors
- Online Order Fulfillment and E-Commerce Management
- Merchandising/Displays (as needed)
- Marketing and Social Media assistance (as needed)
- Website Management (as needed)
- New Responsibilities (as assigned)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Technical computer skills - must be savvy and able to master computer software after training
- Proven retail sales and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be a Team player, but also enjoy working independently
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Love of tacos and a sense of humor
- Interest in retail and style trends
- “Can-do” attitude that brings energy and motivation to work
- Prior management skills a plus
30 – 40 hours per week, must be available to work a few Saturday or Sunday shifts per month
** This is not a summer job – but for year-round employment! If you are returning to school or another job in the fall, please hold off on applying until we list for seasonal employment opportunities.
Due to the nature of retail, this hire must be available to work most of our busiest, most exciting retail days which include: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday (which are the two days after Thanksgiving), Dec 16, 20, 21, 22, and 23. If you have known conflicts, please let us know at the time of your application or you will be expected to be available to work.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and the answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HIRE ME: I WANT TO WORK” ASAP, as we are hiring for this role within the next week or so. If this post is still, up we are still interviewing.
Please answer the following questions:
- How many hours are you looking for per week?
- Is your schedule pretty flexible or do you have other commitments? What is your typical availability for each day of the week?
- How do you feel about working weekend shifts? Will you be able to work 4 - 5 Saturday or Sunday shifts per month if needed?
- Please describe your retail experience:
- Please describe your computer skills and level of comfort with learning new software:
- Are you available to work the following dates: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Dec 16, 20, 21, 22, and 23? If you will be travelling out of Vermont for either/both Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas, please let us know now.
- Are you a student? Will your availability change in the fall? (hint: please read the job description again)
- When would you be available to start work?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
INTERNSHIPS / COURSE PROJECTS
On a rolling basis, we hire for the following:
- Marketing and Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Design your Own: We're a growing start-up and can most likely accommodate your goals/interests.
We think cover letters can get a bit verbose. So to apply for our internships/course projects, send us the grit, hold the fluff. Here's a short and sweet example:
Match Ben's style or adopt your own, but be sure to include what you're interested in, # of hours you can commit to, your most relevant work experience(s) (role, company, and length of time), and 2 truths and a lie (this is pretty important - don't forget it). Attach your resume. Humor and use of puns are strongly encouraged. Complete sentences are not necessary. Spelling is. If applying for a creative internship, include some proof of your skills with a link to your portfolio or instagram account (we do not give a damn how many followers you do or do not have). If a writing internship is what you seek, include a writing sample with a sassy tone on something random. And while you're at it, throw a confident subject line on that email - "I'm a unicorn" "you want me" "believe me, I'm the best" - you get the idea. Send all applications to sarah(a)commondeer.com.
- - - - - -
Interested in joining a select team of freelance photographers and photo stylists?
Our Photographers range in both skill level and focus, from hobbyists to professionals to students. There is no set time commitment, but we do ask for regular photo contributions in order to continue access to photo team perks. So…what are the perks?
- Special discount at Common Deer and Commondeer.com
- Access to inventory on loan for personal photoshoots
- Access to vintage photo prop closet on loan
- Professional growth through crediting, exposure, and portfolio development
- For certain photo requests, trades and compensation will be available
As we grow and get to the next step, so will our photography budget. Since we were approached by so many photographers, we developed this program in order to give those looking for more experience or exposure, the structure to do so. When our photography budget does allow for paid shoots, those that have been working with us will be right where they need to be! Shoot an email to email@example.com to express interest with a link to you work.
We can't wait to work with you!