We are in immediate need of another sales team member to join our growing team! Common Deer is a retail store with a big mission - to make american made more accessible. With a growing operation, each member of the team is crucial to our success. Sales associates are responsible for customer service and experience and the store manager maintain the daily operations of the store. Additionally, sales associates take on additional responsibilities over time with us, i.e. helping place orders with vendors, designing products, assisting with marketing plans, generating new ideas, designing advertisements, and much more! If you're ready to have a ton of fun, work hard, and help us continue to grow - please apply! Candidates must have weekend and weekday flexibility, with the ideal candidate available to work at least Sunday, Monday, Tuesday each week. The ideal candidate would be available to work at least 20 hours per week, up to 40 hours.
Ideal Candidates will possess:
- Technical computer skills/Ability to learn POS system
- Proven retail sales and customer service skills
- Respect and excitement regarding our mission
- Strong attention to detail
- Be a team player, but also enjoy working independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Love of tacos and a sense of humor
- Interest in retail and style trends
- "Can-do" attitude that brings energy and motivation to work
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs without accommodation
Due to the nature of retail, sales team hires must be available to work most of our busiest, most exciting days: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday (which are the two days after Thanksgiving), Dec 9, 10, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, and 23. If you will be out of town or have known conflicts, please let us know at the time of your application or you will be expected to be available for work.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and the answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "HIRE ME: Sales Team". We will interview candidates on a rolling basis, and hire when we feel it's a great fit!
Please answer the following questions:
- How many hours are you looking for per week?
- Is your weekly schedule pretty flexible or do you have other commitments? What is your typical availability for each day of the week?
- Do you have any scheduling conflicts planned for the
- Please describe your retail experience:
- Are there additional skills that you could bring to Common Deer?
- Are you available to work the following dates: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Dec 16, 20, 21, 22, and 23? If you will be traveling out of Vermont for either/both Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas, please let us know now.
- When would you be available to start work?
- What interests you about joining the Common Deer team?
If you are interested in temporary work during the holidays - seasonal sales staff must be ready to commit to the following dates: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and at least 10 of the following: Dec 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. There may also be some dates in January also available.
We will begin reviewing applications for seasonal hires in early November.
Please hold off on emailing about seasonal help until then.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
INTERNSHIPS / COURSE PROJECTS
On a rolling basis, we hire for the following:
- Marketing and Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Design your Own: We're a growing start-up and can most likely accommodate your goals/interests.
We think cover letters can get a bit verbose. So to apply for our internships/course projects, send us the grit, hold the fluff. Here's a short and sweet example:
Match Ben's style or adopt your own, but be sure to include what you're interested in, # of hours you can commit to, your most relevant work experience(s) (role, company, and length of time), and 2 truths and a lie (this is pretty important - don't forget it). Attach your resume. Humor and use of puns are strongly encouraged. Complete sentences are not necessary. Spelling is. If applying for a creative internship, include some proof of your skills with a link to your portfolio or instagram account (we do not give a damn how many followers you do or do not have). If a writing internship is what you seek, include a writing sample with a sassy tone on something random. And while you're at it, throw a confident subject line on that email - "I'm a unicorn" "you want me" "believe me, I'm the best" - you get the idea. Send all applications to sarah(a)commondeer.com.
- - - - - -
Interested in joining a select team of freelance photographers and photo stylists?
Our Photography Ambassadors range in both skill level and focus, from hobbyists to professionals to students. There is no set time commitment, but we do ask for regular photo contributions in order to continue access to ambassador perks. So…what are the perks?
- Special discount at Common Deer in-store and Commondeer.com
- Access to inventory on loan for personal photoshoots
- Access to vintage prop storage on loan
- Professional growth through crediting, exposure, and portfolio development
- For certain photo requests, trades and compensation will be available
As we grow and get to the next step, so will our photography budget. Since we were approached by so many photographers, we developed this program in order to give those looking for more experience or exposure, the structure to do so. When our photography budget does allow for paid shoots, those that have been working with us will be right where they need to be! Shoot an email to email@example.com to express interest with a link to you work.
We can't wait to work with you!