We're launching our Common Deer X Local Artists Program! A collaborative platform to promote local creativity and connect it to our community, freeing up artists to spend time creating art rather than selling art.
To get started, we're hosting our first ever Vermont by Vermont Artists Print Series.
All artists and designers from around the state are encouraged to develop an original Vermont or Burlington-themed print exclusively for this project. At the close of the submission deadline, we'll pick our favorites from the bunch and order 25 or 50 prints for each, taking design, medium, and cost into consideration. All 2D art mediums are considered, but art must be reproducible within pricing guidelines.
HOW TO ENTER
Please send the following to email@example.com by May 29, 2017, with "Vermont by Vermont Artists Submission" in the subject line:
- Your name, location, bio, title of work
- File or photo of signed work (.jpeg, .pdf, or .png) with final colors and treatment (save file name with last name and title of work, example: Smith Oakledge woodcut)
- Dimensions, paper type, packaging plans, and details about work and inspiration
- Estimated wholesale purchase price of 25 prints packaged & ready to sell
- Estimated wholesale purchase price of 50 prints packaged & ready to sell
- Must be original work of artist and created exclusively for this project
- Final print dimensions must not exceed 24” x 36”
- Up to 5 submissions per artist (separate email for each submission please)
- Production, packaging and all preparation will be the responsibility of the artist
- Estimated wholesale cost will include all artwork, development, production, labor, supplies, shipping, delivery, and protective packaging (cardboard tubes or cellophane sleeves with backing). For those new to wholesale purchases, think of it as one customer purchasing 25 - 50 prints that need to be individually packaged. *** If you are new to selling art and do not have an idea of retail packaging costs and supply, please note this with your submission, so that we can factor this into the projected costs on our end.
- Temporary residents of Vermont and students are welcome to take part in this program.
Since we are working to create accessible limited edition art through this program, we plan to retail prints for $20 to $80 depending on the dimensions, medium, and presentation. Meaning that a good guideline for the wholesale bulk purchase of 50 prints would be between $500 and $2000. **This is not a commission sale, rather Common Deer will purchase the finished & packaged prints, handling all selling of the prints. Yes, that means Cash-Money to you if you are selected. Artists submitting work agree to not sell their submitted artwork independently, unless work is not selected for program. Artists will have ample time to produce prints if selected and do not need to have artwork on hand at time of submission. Final details on delivery requirements, guidelines, payment procedures, and production will be available to those selected for the program. Selected artists may also have additional opportunities for licensing agreements and additional projects through the Common Deer X Local Artists Program.
Please send any questions, including those about eligibility of artwork, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And we look forward to seeing your artwork!